With Hong Kong detecting the first case of Zika virus, nations like Australia are also likely to witness the same in the coming days.

After Latin America, the Caribbean and other regions, the infection has put the Asian financial unit on high alert, with the first case of the mosquito-borne virus detected. This time, the victim is a woman who traveled to the Caribbean in August. It was then when she acquired the virus, according to reports.

The patient, 38, has been reported to be in a stable condition after undergoing all tests and examinations at United Christian Hospital’s isolation ward in Kwun Tong.

It has been reported that the woman disagreed to cooperate with the Department of Health initially, following which law enforcement officers were asked to intervene. The Zika virus case was confirmed by the Department of Health’s Controller of the Centre for Health Protection, Leung Ting-hung.

He conducted a press conference on Thursday where he mentioned the risk of the transmission of the infection when already one case has been reported. He added that the top priority of the government was to control the population of mosquitoes in the nation. Reuters stated Leung saying that the authorities will soon report the case to the World Health Organization.

“The patient is a 38-year-old woman with good past health. She has developed joint pain and red eyes since August 20,” the Department of Health said in a statement.

On Tuesday, the woman went to Matilda Medical Center in Central but she refused to get admitted there. She got her blood and urine samples tested for the infection. On Thursday, reports suggested that she was positive for the infection. The Department of Health’s Center for Health Protection was informed immediately. The controller, according to South China Morning Post, added in his statement that the center where the woman was tested has strict control measures to tackle the spread of the infection.

Leung also added that education on Zika virus prevention will be initiated to make sure the patients, staff and visitors know about the disease and take relevant steps to remain safe.