HBO released the latest trailer for its new series “Westworld.” The 10-episode sci-fi TV recreation of the iconic seventies film could possibly be the next big hit for the network.
Anticipation for the series is already high given its stellar casting both onscreen and behind the camera. At the helm of the small screen adaptation are Jonathan Nolan and J.J. Abrams, Salon reported. Hence, the expectations for it be the “next great show” of the network, the publication posited. The trailer offers a quick yet creepy look at what to expect from “Westworld.”
1. Acclaimed celebrities like Sir Anthony Hopkins, Ed Harris, Evan Rachel Wood, Thandie Newton, Tessa Thompson, and James Marsden top bill the new HBO series, the publication added.
Hopkins plays the role of Robert Ford, the strange doctor who conceived the amusement park and the androids that inhabit it.
2. Actress Evan Rachel Wood plays the humanoid Dolores whose eerie confession hints at impending doom.
“I’m terrified, I feel spaces opening up inside of me, like a building with rooms I’ve never explored. I think there may be something wrong with this world. Something hiding underneath,” Rolling Stone quoted her confession.
3. Director Jonathan Nolan described “Westworld” as a cross between a “period Western and a science fiction [movie],” io9 wrote.
“Basically, we’re shooting “Alien,” “Days of Heaven,” and “Unforgiven” simultaneously, and then cutting them all together… It’s just a massive, massive undertaking,” Nolan told the publication.
4. Despite its setting at an amusement park, “Westworld” is “not a fun, family-friendly vacation,” CBS News remarked. News about “how kinky” the latest HBO series would be came out in 2015 when the Business Insider cited parts of the casting contract for extras.
• genital-to-genital touching
• oral sex with hand-to-genital touching
• contort to form a table-like shape while being fully nude
• pose on all fours while others who are fully nude ride on your back
• ride on someone’s back while you are both fully nude
• other assorted acts the project may require
5. The trailer lives up to the description about “Westerworld” released early on.
“A dark odyssey about the dawn of artificial consciousness and the future of sin,” The Hollywood Reporter wrote then.
“Westworld” premieres on HBO this October.