The Coast Guard responded to an immobilized 41-foot sailing vessel carrying two adults and one teenager aboard. Coast Guard crews rescued the three passengers 40 miles south of High Island, Bolivar Peninsula, Texas, on March 19.

The crew was called upon for help by the captain of the disabled vessel, Homer Odyssey. Coast Guard Sector Houston-Galveston watchstanders was called via VHF-FM channel 16.

They were informed that the vessel had lost engine power, the mast was down, and they were wandering toward severe weather, at about 6:30 a.m.

According to several officials, the Coast Guard launched a 45-foot response boat crew from its Sabine station on this account. However, the responders lost radio communication with the marooned boaters.

According to Coast Guard News, they had also dispatched a Coast Guard Air Station Houston MH-65 Dolphin helicopter crew at 9:16 a.m.

The crew from Station Sabine arrived on scene at 10:19 a.m. The boat crew from Sabine discovered the disabled boat and started dragging it to shore, officials said.

ALSO READ: Victoria to End Commercial Net Fishing. Why?

The dysfunctional vessel and its three passengers were rescued by the crew. They were transferred to a boat crew from Galveston, according to officials.

ALSO READ: Body Boarder Drowns at Broadbeach, Gold Coast

According to Galvenews, the three people who were aboard the disabled vessel were wearing life jackets. Fortunately there have been no reports of any injury.

A similar incident took place yesterday, when a Coast Guard boat crew saved the life of three fishermen. Their vessel took on water and sank less than one mile outside of Grays Harbor.

As reported by Fox News, the crew said that a crew from Coast Guard Station Grays Harbor transferred the fishermen to shore. On the shore, emergency medical services personnel evaluated one of the fishermen for a reported heart condition.

“It was clear the fishing crew had conducted drills and were prepared for an emergency,” said Petty Officer 2nd Class Jacob Hylkema.

The officials said that, the cause of the sinking is currently undetermined.