EA Sports unleashed a new patch update for their MMA video game UFC 2 which added new fighters and some new features. Among the notable additions include the “Stockton Slap,” which was popularised by UFC fighters Nick and Nate Diaz.
Before talking about the game update for “UFC 2,” some may ask, what is exactly a “Stockton Slap?” Nate Diaz explained that it is just basically a slap. Diaz tries to slap his opponents in his matches, which probably became a moniker for him by commentator Mike Goldberg. You can check out the video below on how the slap works.
Meanwhile, two new fighters were added to the game, namely Patrick Cote and Louis Smolka. Tweaks were made in the game to balance the fighters as well as to improve the UFC Ultimate Team. You can check out the full patch notes below:
Game Mode Updates
All-New Item Exchange: A brand new way for you to get more powerful items in UFC Ultimate Team. Exchange five items in your collection for a brand new random item that is a level higher. Exchange better items for a higher chance of getting rare fighter showcase moves items.
- Added the ability to edit a created fighter’s appearance at any time in Ultimate Team and Career Mode.
- Added the display of the winning move, the player’s best move and the opponent’s best move after an Ultimate Team fight in the post-fight menu.
- Added the ability to view more details about the fighters in Live Event fights.
- Strike Intercept: Strikes landed within the opponent’s initial wind-up phase of a strike will halt them from completing their strike.
- Stockton Slap – 209 move added.
- If a parry is mistimed, the block is not activated automatically.
- Reduced speed of clinch attempts.
- Improved AI logic for submissions and game plans.
- Elbows and Punches in Muay Thai Clinch cannot intercept transition attempts.
- Swaying away from the opponent will put the fighter at risk for higher body damage.
- Bottom fighter is given Grapple Advantage after escaping finish the fight into back side.
- Increased grapple advantage is given to bottom fighter while top fighter strikes in side control
- Made the bottom fighter’s transition to side control from back side uninterruptible by strikes
- In sprawl, the bottom fighter will now slowly accumulate grapple advantage, making escapes easier the longer they are held in that position.
- Tuned damage on uppercut combos.
- Clinch and Takedown attempts punish more when denied.
UFC 2 is now available for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One and the update is available for free.