On the 11th of November, all Hindu around the nation will be celebrating Diwali, the festival of lights. Events around Australia’s CBD have been planned by the Hindu Council of Australia. Check out what to do this Diwali.
- Gold Coast, Queensland: On the 13th of November at Broadbeach, Bollywood Dj’s will be mixing up tracks and playing the classics of Bollywood music. An Indian buffet from one of the best Indian restaurant in Queensland will be served to the guests . Price start from $39.00 for adults and children (5-12 yrs) is $20.00. There are limited seats so if interested please contact the event organiser at 56798131.
- Perth, Western Australia: Celebrate Diwali with your loved ones this year at the Supreme Court Gardens in Perth from the 6-8th November. Doors will open at 4pm and entry is free. The Swan Festival will feature an exquisite array of multicultural performing groups and a highly acclaimed presentation by Ramayana. Indian delicacies and dinner will be available for the public. The festival is supporting the starlight foundation and aid in Gujarat. You can visit this site for more details.
Naomi Gamwalla | Australia Network News
- Sydney, Australia: Himalya Party Hall will be hosting a Diwali ‘dhammal’ party (dinner and dance) on the 6th November 2015. A delicious four course meal will be served to all paying guests. The price is $35 per person covering food, drinks and entry. Dance till midnight in this year’s Diwali music and dance by Bollywood Dj’s playing the best hits of all decades.
- Sydney, Australia The council of Indian Australians (CIA) have hosted a Deepvali fair at the ponds with their first ever light show on the 7th November 2015. Celebrate with the whole family while you watch a spectacular show of lighting effects that must be seen this Diwali. The free family event will also have food stalls and multicultural dance performances. Watch out for the prize giveaway and raffle tickets being sold on the day. For more information please contact the event Director: Mohit Kumar on 0400 300 111.
- Sydney, Australia Chinmaya Mission Australia is hosting their annual Diwali festival on the 11th November in Castle Hill. The program will start with a Lakshmi Pooja at 7:30pm. A presentation on the significance of Diwali will follow and then there will be a prayer ceremony. The night will end on a celebratory note with sparklers and lights for all ages to enjoy. For a more traditional Diwali come to the Diwali celebration in Castle Hill, Sydney. For more information contact: Jagdish Sury on 0414 703 151.