A new gaming peripheral was revealed by Razer which caters to users who want to sit on their couches instead of their PC tables.
Gizmodo has more information about the new Razer Turret.
Sporting a rather cool name, the Razer Turret is aimed for gamers who want to play in living rooms or for media center rooms. This wireless mouse and keyboard combo allows users to enjoy their gaming sessions in their living rooms without the hassle of wires tangling on their legs. There is also a fold-out mousepad on the Turret where a mouse can be used on it.
The design features an ultra-slim and ergonomic form factor making it comfortable to use when placed on your laps, adding more control to the keyboard and mouse.
The Turret will also have dual wireless connectivity which ensures a lag-free connectivity even during intense gaming sessions, as it can work for both Bluetooth connectivity or directly from its wireless dongle included in the package. The Turret also has a stand to display your keyboard and mouse and can be used as a docking station.
Listed below are the specs of the Turret.
- Anti-ghosting capability for up to 10 simultaneous key presses
- Chiclet styled keycaps
- Dedicated Android buttons
- Battery life of up to 4 months – The life expectancy of this battery depends upon its usage
- Battery type: Li-Po (1500 mAh)
- 3500 DPI sensor
- 40 hours battery life for continuous use – The life expectancy of this battery depends upon its usage
- Battery type: Li-Po (1000 mAh)
- Razer Turret mouse and lapboard
- Wireless 2.4GHz adaptor
- Charging dock
- Wall adaptor
- Important product information guide
Expect to see the Razer Turret soon. Currently, the device is priced at $159.99 (around 205 AUD); however, no details were provided on when it will become available on the market.
If you live in North America, you can start purchasing the Turret by heading to the official Razer website.