La La Land is a stroke of genius from acclaimed director and screenwriter Damien Chazelle. It pays tribute to the Golden Age of musicals in Hollywood. The film recently debuted its first trailer and featured the undeniable chemistry of Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling. Here are five reasons why you cannot help but fall in love with them.
1. Ryan Gosling plays a jazz pianist with an attitude while Emma Stone is an actress who dreams of making it big in tinsel town. This is the third collaboration between the two after Crazy Stupid Love and Gangster Squad. Hence, rumors linking the two have surfaced due to their onscreen connection.
2. While Ryan Gosling might be a certified hunk who women swoon over, he can also sing. The actor croons throughout the trailer in an original soundtrack for La La Land titled City of Stars. What could be more romantic than that?
3. Emma Stone’s effortless glamour lends to the dreamy feel of the trailer. From her hair to the dresses, she is truly a vision.
4. Their dance among the stars inside the planetarium certainly gives new meaning to otherworldly. The Ringer called it the Stone-Gosling moment of the entire La La Land trailer.
5. Then again, a romantic movie with Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling would not be complete unless it is sealed with a kiss. Their kiss towards the end of the trailer will certainly not disappoint.
La La Land premieres this August at the Venice Film Festival before it hits movie theaters this December. However, moviegoers in the UK have to wait until January 13, 2017 to see it. For now, fall in love with Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling in the official trailer for the movie.
P.S. Skip to 1:07 to see a music legend in the film that guarantees this film is worth seeing.