The spotlight is now on Jinger Duggar as the news she’s “officially courting” Jeremy Vuolo made headlines.
A video announcement about her and 28-year old Jeremy Vuolo made its way onto TLC’s website recently, ET Online reported. Both shared their intention to uphold their beliefs as they embark on their journey as a couple.
“As opposed to a more casual dating relationship, we really want to honor the Lord, and be very intentional about how we move forward,” Vuolo explained.
“We are very excited to begin this journey together, and for you to join us along the way,” he added. Jinger Duggar has been in the limelight for most of her life owing to show that documents their expansive brood. Hence, it’s common knowledge that the family takes matters of courting seriously as it’s often a precursor to marriage, The Hollywood Gossip revealed. With so much at stake, Duggar devotees want to know more about Jeremy Vuolo.
1. He grew up in the small town of Downington, Pennsylvania outside of Philadelphia. His father was also a pastor, People reported.
2. Vuolo is a professional soccer player. While studying at Syracuse University, he played for the Orangemen in the position of goalkeeper. He went on to play for the Finnish club AC Oulo but came back to the United States in 2012 for a stint with the New York Red Bulls. The following year he signed up with the San Antonio Scorpions but left the team in 2014.
3. He’s been friends with Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald for a long time. Although the couple introduced him to Jinger, it was only last May that they bonded on a missionary trip. Thus, Jessa and Ben are happy about the recent developments.
4. Jeremy Vuolo took time off from sports to focus on his missionary work, US Weekly revealed.
“My identity needs to be in something that never changes — and that’s Jesus Christ. It begins and ends with having that foundation in Christ,” the publication quoted Vuolo’s statement in a 2013 video post from A Cru Ministry.
5. He’s comfortable in the limelight as the courtship will be telecast on the “Jill & Jessa: Counting On,” the publication noted.