“Guardians of the Galaxy 2” director James Gunn loves to tease the fans by giving updates. However, this time, he hints that the official trailer might come up at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con.
Marvel successfully launched the first film in 2014, and now, the production recently wrapped filming for the sequel. However, this has not stopped Gunn from dropping details about their next step.
The director enticed one of his followers by answering a question via Twitter. He said that the fans may have the chance to witness the teaser for the highly anticipated film in an event that will happen by the end of the month.
You might get something if you go to our presentation at San Diego Comic Con… other than that, it'll be a while. https://t.co/w9sYY9QyYz
— James Gunn (@JamesGunn) July 4, 2016
Music Times is expecting that the trailer will be out anytime soon. Marvel will be showing the film next year so a teaser must be underway as well.
More than that, he also announced via Facebook Live a few weeks ago that there will be a sort of surprise appearance on the Comic-Con. He mentioned that Chris Pratt and “a bunch of the gang” will be coming to the event.
Director Gunn has been teasing about the “Guardians of the Galaxy 2” to fans every now and then. Aside from the exciting teaser, what should the moviegoers expect thus far?
- Chris Pratt , Vin Diesel, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista and Bradley Cooper reprise their roles as Star Lord, Groot, Gamora, Drax and Rocket, respectively. Meanwhile, IMDb also listed Karen Gillan as Nebula, Nathan Fillon as Simon Williams, Pom Klementiff as Mantis, Michael Rooker as Yondu and Tommy Flanagan as Tullk, among others.
- Notably, Anna Kendrick might join the cast as Squirrel Girl. This idea is still “far-fetched” but Marvel Cinematic Universe might consider giving the idea a go in the future.
- In addition to cast speculation, the production team is still mum about who will play as Star Lord’s father. According to rumors, he might be Kurt Russell or Sylvester Stallone.
- Marvel screenwriter Christopher Markus hinted that there will be a crossover between “Guardians” and “Avengers 3.” Gamora is Thanos’ adopted daughter so her appearance in another world might be possible.
- “Guardians of the Galaxy 2” hits the theaters on May 5, 2017.