Southeast Queensland is expected to experience gale-force winds, resulting in the closure of all the beaches on the Gold Coast on Thursday.

In addition, New South Wales has already faced a severe storm and wild weather on Wednesday in the mid-north coast region, which led to a car crash injuring a 40-year-old woman. She was driving east along Middle Boambee Road towards the south of Coffs Harbor when a tree trapped her after falling because of the wild weather.

As far as the beaches on the Gold Coast are concerned, the Bureau of Meteorology has predicted that winds with speed of up to 90 kilometers per hour are expected to hit the coastline throughout Thursday. Forecaster Matt Marshall said that an area more than four meters is expected to be influenced by the weather. “Particularly out over the water, it will be really choppy,” he said.

“We’re going to see some big seas and there’ll be some dangerous surf out there. Because it’s a southerly swell, most of it will be further out in the water, but a lot of it will come inshore as well.”

There have been warnings already issued in the Gold Coast and Fraser Island regions regarding the windy weather. Marshall also added that residents at high-elevation areas need to be prepared the most for strong effects of the winds. He said that people staying in areas near Springbrook and Mount Tamborine might also face gale-force winds.  Sunshine Coast people have also been requested to be careful in the risky weather conditions.

The Queensland Police Service has issued a warning to boaters so that they take utmost care when they leave for water trips. It stated that only experienced surfers could deal with such weather in the waters. The ABC reported Andrew Ryan, local disaster coordinator, saying that the weather conditions are too severe for coastal activities.

Meanwhile, for the NSW accident that hurt a woman during the wild weather, emergency services were called where officials worked for over two hours to free her. State Emergency Service spokesperson Caroline Ortel said that a rainfall of over 100 mm had surrounded the area overnight.