Police has indicated hope for unveiling the truth behind the three children missing mystery case filed fifty years ago in 1966.

Jane, 9, Arnna, 7 and Grant, 4, disappeared while returning home after celebrating Australia Day at the Glenelg beach fifty years ago, thereby making the incident one of the greatest-ever unsolved mysteries of Australia. According to 9News, most of the Australians who were supposed to be the witnesses of the incidents were now dead. There are possibilities that even the suspects are believed to now be deceased.

According to 9News, Crime Stoppers still receive information regarding the whereabouts of the three kids at a regular interval of four days. The reward declared for concerned information is worth $1 million. Senior Sergeant David Sheridan is in charge of the Beaumont missing case at present. He and his team are hopeful of solving the case successfully, unfolding the truths relating to the case. “The witnesses saw a man lying on a beach towel looking at the children and then later the children talking to this man and playing with him,” Sheridan told A Current Affair.

Broadcaster Ray Martin remembers the day when the children disappeared. He was a beginner in the journalism field at that time. He recalled how safe the society was considered for children prior to the missing mystery. “Suddenly, everybody was in danger, everybody had a risk. If it could happen in sleepy old Adelaide to the Beaumont children, it could happen in Sydney or anywhere else,” Martin told A Current Affair.

According to the ABC, South Australian Police (SAPOL) made the operational log public recently after 50 years of the incident. The log detailed the response of police officers when they were informed the children were missing. Surprisingly, the complaint filed by the children’s father had two unusual discrepancies. Earlier, the father said the children left house at 1:00 p.m. on that day and were expected to reach home at around 5:00 p.m.

But Beaumont’s statement was amended later where he said that the children left home at 10:00 a.m. and were expected to return at 2:00 p.m. In the previous statement, Beaumont said that the children went to swim at the beach in an area between Jetty and Anzac Highway, while in a phone call traced on January 26 night, Beaumont was found saying that the eldest girl could barely swim but the other two could not swim at all.