People were astonished to see an eagle attacking a boy and trying to snatch him away at the Alice Springs wildlife show, which is a very popular show among children as well as adults.

The bird used its talons onto the boy, who already started screaming at the incident. He latched on to his head while a show was going on at Alice Springs Desert Park, Northern Territory. The boy seemed to belong to the age group between six and eight years. The witnesses said that the eagle tried to pick the boy as if he was “a small animal.” However, he managed to escape the attack.

Among the people in the crowd, one person captured a photograph of how the bird tried to snatch the boy. Victorian Christine O’Connell, the one who clicked the picture, visited the park on July 6 accompanied by her husband. She said that a person who sat next to the victim said that he continued “running his zipper up and down.”

“Those talons are huge. He was a very lucky young boy,” O’Connell wrote on Instagram about the incident at the wildlife show. “The show was quickly cancelled and the boy taken off to first aid.”

BBC reported that the eagle suddenly attacked the boy and flew 15 m far to snatch him.

The wildlife show came to an end after the attack. The boy was left crying but no severe injuries were reported after the event. “We’re at the bird show in the afternoon, having a great time and looking forward to seeing the wedge-tailed eagle come out for the finale,” another person in the crowd that day, Keenan Lucas, said. “The bird then flew over the crowd and tried to grab a young boy’s head. He screamed, the mother was distraught and the presenters wrapped up the show very quickly.”

On the other hand, the Alice Springs authorities released a media statement confirming the incident at Alice Springs Desert Park. They said that while the show was going on, an eagle made contact with a young audience member. “A thorough investigation regarding the circumstances behind this incident is underway and the eagle will be removed from the show while this investigation is ongoing,” the park authorities added as quoted by ABC News.