A runway plane struck a pilot and then hit another aircraft at an Adelaide airport tarmac. The incident claimed the life of the pilot.

Police confirmed the news of the death of the 62-year-old pilot at Parafield Airport on Sunday. According to the latest update, investigators have returned to the spot to inspect the cause that led to the collision. As soon as the emergency crew members heard about the incident, they reached the airport at around 4 pm to offer immediate medical aid.

An Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) thinks that there might be someone who was attempting to move the aircraft that went out of control, killing the pilot.

Police are all set to prepare a report related to the whole incident for a coroner to study.

The officers confirmed that the Wattle Park pilot was killed when the four-cylinder Cessna with automatic yellow single-engine careered into a twin-engine stationary white Piper Saratoga head-on. “One plane appears to have taxied away after hitting the pilot and then crashed into another plane parked nearby,” a police department spokesman said. “There were no persons in either aircraft at the time of the crash.”

The incident horrified the onlookers completely. Even fellow cadet pilot Sam Juers said that it was quite tough to accept that someone has died in the parking area of the airport. He said that it would be quite “interesting” to find out what exactly happened in the parking area that led to the death of someone. Another pilot, who chose to keep his identity a secret, said that the crew and staff members of the airport have no idea of what might have happened.

“It’s an absolute freak accident,” a 28-year-old cadet pilot, Alex Garbett, said. “You see (minor incidents) happen once every six months but I’ve never heard of a fatality.”

It was reported that a dog was brought out of the place after the plane crashed in the airport’s parking lot. The update, however, is still unconfirmed.

The Advertiser reported that no flight schedule has been disturbed by the Adelaide airport incident while some pilots had to suffer difficulties as they could not access hangars because of the investigation going on the spot.