“Wizarding World of Harry Potter” opens today (Apr 7) at Universal Studios Hollywood and it will surely draw a huge crowd.
Adults who grew up reading the books by J.K. Rowling as well as teens who watched the eight movies of the franchise are expected to flock to the park. So if you are among those who are getting ready to roam the streets of Diagon Alley or cast some spells in Hogsmeade, here are some facts about the park.
The bulk of the tickets available for the opening was offered online and was already sold out, Los Angeles Times reported. Although the park will still have some tickets for sale at the gate, you might just have to hurry as these will probably sell out fast too.
And if you managed to get in, Daily News provided some guides so you can surely enjoy yourself at the “Wizarding World of Harry Potter.”
1. Get in line for Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. This is the big marquee ride of the park, and it will have lines longer than an hour, so do it first and do it more than once.
2. Ride Flight of the Hippogriff. It’s a short ride, so the line should move quickly. Probably the fastest line you will ever see in the whole park.
3. Amidst all the rides, there are some amazing shops for souvenirs and novelty items. It will be like walking through the movie. The Owlery is full of owl droppings, the Book of Monsters is caged up, the shelves come to life in Zonkos. And there’s plenty to choose from when it comes to swag. Grab a chocolate frog, a pennant with your house colors on it, a movie-quality replica of the cloak of invisibility, and so much more!
4. Exhaust the rest of Universal Studios including “Transformers: The Ride” for some amazing 3-D.
5. Come nightfall, go back into the “Wizarding World of Harry Potter” to see how spectacular everything is at night.