All those rooting for Ellie Drennan probably can’t stop smiling, the very talented singer took home the crown as the winner of “The Voice” Australia 2015.
The 16-year-old Drennan came from NSW central coast and was trained under Jessie J who was in tears when she won the title, beating Joe Moore.
During an interview Drennan said she was over the moon and it had been an amazing experience for her. She further added “Thank you to all my friends and family and of course Jessie J for supporting me through this and always seeing the best in me.”
Here are 5 Awesome Facts About Ellie Drennan:
1. As noted by 9news, she was the youngest contestant ever to have won this title.
2. She now has a contract with Universal Music and has now added a whooping $100,000 to her bank account, after winning the show.
3. She is now also the owner of a brand-new Ford Kuga.
4. Her fans and supporters will soon be treated to her new 10-track album which is expected to launch on September 11.
5. Her new single, “Ghost”, is now available to download on iTunes.
The second and third place on “The Voice” Australia 2015 was won by Team Madden’s contestant Joe Moore and Nathan Hawes, whereas Liam Maihi from Team Ricky won the fourth place.
As reported by news.com.au, Jessie J said “Honestly I’m so proud of her, I can’t explain how much I’ve enjoyed being here.”
Although the first season was a huge success in Australia, Jessie said she was unsure if she would return to appear as a coach on The Voice next year. “I don’t know yet. Undecided, who knows.” Her fans will be looking forward to soon receiving a confirmation from the singer in question.
The “Flashlight” singer, who was first signed by a label when she was just 17 years old, said of Australia’s youngest “The Voice” winner: “I’m just so in awe of everything Ellie has already established for herself as a human being before even coming on this show, she’s so emotionally intact, her head is screwed on, very wise, very professional, very prepared. And you don’t come across 17-year-olds like that all the time, so it’s a very deserved win.”
Naturally so, praises coming in for Drennan have been unstoppable.