The Rolling Stone new album is about to drop in December.
The band announced the release of their new album, titled Blue & Lonesome, after over a decade. The LP features 12 tracks. It took the band three days to record the songs at British Grove Studios in London. Blue & Lonesome will be available starting December 2 via Interscope Records.
The Rolling Stone new album features classics songs by American blues artists such as Little Walter, Little Johnny Taylor, Magic Sam and Willie Dixon. Blue & Lonesome also includes collaborations with Eric Clapton – Little Johnny Taylor’s Everybody Knows About My Good Thing and Otis Rush’s I Can’t Quit You Baby.
Check out The Rolling Stone new album complete tracklist below.
The band members dropped some hints last month about the forthcoming album. Keith Richards told Rolling Stone magazine that the group had been recording in London. Richards revealed that the album will be loaded with Chicago blues. Mick Jagger, on the other hand, shared on Twitter a photo of his harmonica case and some guitar picks. He used the hashtag #PlayingThe Blues.
The English rock band also posted a teaser video showing images of their equipment in a studio with the sound of guitar strumming and a voice counting in a song. Another video was shared showing the group playing some blues.
The Rolling Stone new album will be in double heavyweight vinyl in a gatefold sleeve with album download card. It will be available on multiple formats including digital download as well, the Los Angeles Times noted. Moreover, the deluxe edition includes a 75-page mini-book about the making of the album and band postcard prints.
Blue & Lonesome is The Rolling Stone’s follow up to their A Bigger Bang, which was released in 2005.
The Rolling Stone new album Blue & Lonesome track list
- Just Your Fool (Originally written and recorded by Little Walter in 1960)
- Commit a Crime (Originally written and recorded by Howlin’ Wolf – Chester Burnett in 1966)
- Blue and Lonesome (Originally written and recorded by Little Walter in 1959)
- All of Your Love (Originally written and recorded by Magic Sam – Samuel Maghett in 1967)
- I Gotta Go (Originally written and recorded by Little Walter in 1955)
- Everybody Knows About My Good Thing (Originally recorded by Little Johnny Taylor, composed by Miles Grayson & Lermon Horton in 1971)
- Ride ‘Em On Down (Originally written and recorded by Eddie Taylor in 1955)
- Hate To See You Go (Originally written and recorded by Little Walter in 1955)
- Hoo Doo Blues (Originally recorded by Lightnin’ Slim, composed by Otis Hicks & Jerry West in 1958)
- Little Rain (Originally recorded by Jimmy Reed, composed by Ewart G. Abner Jr. and Jimmy Reed in 1957)
- Just Like I Treat You (Originally written by Willie Dixon and recorded by Howlin’ Wolf in December in 1961)
- I Can’t Quit You Baby (Originally written by Willie Dixon and recorded by Otis Rush in 1956)