Fans of the classic SNK fighting game will definitely be rejoicing as The King of Fighters XIV is finally getting a release date along with the full reveal of the characters that will be joining the latest chapter of the game. Playstation’s official blog shares some of the details on the upcoming fighting game.
“The King of Fighters” was widely known for its technical gameplay compared to other fighting game. It also introduced the 3-on-3 team battles where the order of the characters may have a big advantage in a fight.
Originally launched with 2D visuals, The King of Fighters XIV is now jumping to the 3D visuals department but still maintains the classic 2D gameplay. XIV promises to have a ton of characters ready in the game, which still includes most of the fan favorites and a newcomer, plus a classic character making its debut to the KOF game.
- China Team: Shun’ei, Tung Fu Rue, Meitenkun
- Japan Team: Kyo Kusanagi, Benimaru Nikaido, Goro Daimon
- Official Invitation Team: Sylvie, Kukri, Mian
- South America Team: Nelson, Zarina, Bandeiras
- Yagami Team: Iori Yagami, Vice, Mature
- Kim Team: Kim Kaphwan, Gang-Il, Luong
- Mexico Team: Ramon, Angel, King of Dinosaurs
- Another World Team: Nakoruru, Mui Mui, Love Heart
- Villains Team: Xanadu, Chang Koehan, Choi Bounge
- K’ Team: K’, Kula Diamond, Maxima
- Ikari Team: Ralph Jones, Clark Still, Leona Heidern
- South Town Team: Geese Howard, Billy Kane, Hein
- Fatal Fury Team: Terry Bogard, Joe Higasi, Andy Bogard
- Women Fighters Team: King, Mai Shiranui, Alice
- Psycho Soldier Team: Athena Asamiya, Sie Kensou, Chin Gentsai
- Art of Fighting Team: Ryo Sakazaki, Robert Garcia, Yuri Sakazaki
Nakoruru, famous for her role in “Samurai Showdown,” will make her first appearance on the “King of Fighters.” There is also Shun’ei, the newest character to be introduced to the series who has a major role in the latest chapter.
“The King of Fighters XIV” will be arriving in North America on Aug. 23, two days ahead of the Japanese release and will be available only for the PlayStation 4.