Will fans have to wait a little longer for the premiere of “Teen Wolf” Season 6? The show’s star Dylan O’Brien recently met an accident while shooting “Maze Runner: The Death Cure.” Will production really be delayed for both projects?
According to Seventeen, production for “The Death Cure” did suffer a serious setback when O’Brien got injured on set last month. However, one of his co-stars reportedly said that the actor is “healing nicely.” In an interview, O’Brien’s co-star Giancarlo Esposito assured fans that O’Brien is set to return to the set soon.
“He got his bell rung. I would imagine many who witnessed thought that was it…[But] he’s a survivor,” Esposito told Entertainment Weekly. “The one good thing about Dylan that I think is going to help him get back on schedule with us very soon is he has a great attitude…He got put together a couple of weeks ago…He’s one tough cookie,” the former “Breaking Bad” star added.
O’Brien was earlier hurt while finishing up a motorcycle stunt. According to Cinema Blend, the actor “hit his head on the pavement and was knocked out…[and] run over.” The “Maze Runner” star also suffered a concussion and had broken bones and lacerations in his face. He is, however, doing better as of press time and is ready to get back to work soon. Filming for the third installment of “Maze Runner” is scheduled to resume on May 15.
Production was earlier put on hold because of his accident. But despite these delays, “Maze Runner: The Death Cure” will still be released as scheduled. The third chapter of the popular film series is set to hit the big screen on February 17, 2017.
Meanwhile, there has not been a confirmed date for “Teen Wolf” Season 6 premiere. However, the next season will likely still kick off in June.