Super bowl 2016 promises greater excitement for its fans, SBNation revealed. No other event in professional sports quite matches the publicity for this year’s Super Bowl 50.
The week leading up to February 7 features various events. Daily activities offered in relation to the Super Bowl include football clinics, autograph sessions and football drills.
These events are free to the public at Super Bowl City. The festival offers a family-friendly atmosphere that reflects the distinctive character of the San Francisco Bay Area.
The festivities begin February 1 with Super Bowl Opening Night.
- February 1 (Monday) Super Bowl Opening Night (NFL’s new media day)
- February 2 (Tuesday) NFL Player Party at Mayes Oyster House
- February 3 (Wednesday) San Francisco Symphony and NFL Films: A Concert of Champions
- February 4 (Thursday) Legends for Charity; Ditka & Jaws Cigars with the Stars; San Francisco Symphony and NFL Films: A Concert of Champions
- February 5 (Friday) Pro Football Hall of Fame Super Bowl Luncheon; NFL Experience; NFL Foundation: Legends on the Lanes; NFL Sanctioned Super Bowl Gospel Celebration
- February 6 (Saturday) Super Bowl Breakfast; NFL Foundation Golf Tournament; NFL Experience; Super Bowl City; NFL Honors Award Show
- February 7 (Sunday) NFL Alumni Official Game Day Brunch; NFL Experience; Super Bowl City; Super Bowl 50; Super Bowl Halftime Show
In addition to the big game between the Carolina Panthers and Denver Broncos, the Super Bowl halftime show is undoubtedly on everyone’s minds.
Time revealed that Super Bowl 2016 fans get to watch Coldplay together with Beyoncé live on stage at Levi’s Stadium. The artists will perform two songs, “Hymn for the Weekend” and “Up&Up.”
Beyoncé collaborated with Coldplay on the two songs for the group’s latest album. Snippets of both songs are posted earlier at Beyonce Legion.
Earlier reports hinted at the possibility of Bruno Mars joining the performance. In a video posted on Twitter, Chris Martin of Coldplay also confirmed the participation of Bruno Mars.
Super Bowl ads also fuel excitement for the event. The cost of a 30-second commercial is $5 million. Major advertisers for this year include Wix.com, Pepsi and Hyundai.
Among this year’s advertisements, Adweek revealed which got people talking. Take a look at the list below:
Bud Light with comedians Amy Schumer and Seth Rogen
First-time Super Bowl advertiser, LG Electronics, who tapped actor Liam Neeson to star in their spot
Former football player Dan Marino and actor Alec Baldwin appear on Amazon’s first ad for Super Bowl.
Honda’s commercial for the big game features Queen’s “Somebody to Love” sang by sheep