“Star Trek” cast Anton Yelchin who plays Chekov died in a “freak” car accident on Sunday morning, he was just 27.
Law enforcement stated that he passed away outside his LA home, reports CNN. According to the outlet, he stepped out of his car at 1:10am but his vehicle accidentally slid backward.
A source, Jennifer Houser stated that he momentarily left his car when the accident happened. He was behind it and was “pinned against a brick pillar and a security fence” that caused a fatal trauma.
“The victim was on his way to meet his friends for a rehearsal and when he didn’t show up, his friends went to his house where they found him deceased (dead) by his car,” Houser told the website.
Yelchin’s untimely death cause devastation and shocked to his friends, especially those in Hollywood. Director J.J. Abrams, Tyler Shields, and actor Chris Evans extend their condolences on social media.
The late actor had starred in different movies in the past as well. As a tribute to the young talent, here are the 5 most memorable roles that Anton Yelchin portrayed, courtesy of Entertainment Weekly.
- Zark Mazurksy in “Alpha Dog” (2006)- the 17-year old Yelchin plays a kidnapped kid because of his brother’s debt. He said that the experience was “pretty f—ing awesome.”
- “Charlie Bartlett” (2007)- the late actor played the titular role. Director Jon Poll told Collider that he is “extraordinarily prepared and hard working … and very deep and rich as well.” “Even though he’s a teenager, he’s got a wisdom beyond his years.”
- Pat in “Green Room” (2015)- One of his last movies. He played as a punk rocker who got involved in a “murderous clan of neo-Nazi skinheads.”
- Jacob in “Like Crazy” (2011)- This might be one of his best performances as an actor. According to the website, he improvised most of the lines which came out romantic.
- Porter Black in “The Beaver” (2011)- Even though the movie did not quite get positive reviews, his performance was defined as “the consistently wonderful.”
Rest in peace, Anton Yelchin.