Marvel and Sony’s upcoming standalone superhero film “SpiderMan” is rumored to have been cancelled due to its lack of director. How true is it that director Drew Goddard left the movie?
According to Cinema Blend, Goddard won’t be helming the 2017 untitled reboot as he revealed that “he didn’t have an idea” for another SpiderMan film.
“I think, with Spider-Man, I didn’t really have an idea. Part of that might have just been because I had just written one,” the director explained.
“We never, it never got taken that far. They know how much respect I have for them. They’ve been very nice to me over the years, and I know sooner or later, we’re going to find the right project. It’s all about timing.”
Cinema Blend noted that Goddard still remains a fan despite leaving the production. The famous director had been working on “Sinister Six” and the “Daredevil” TV series. He also directed the film “Cabin in the Woods.”
Spidey’s fans, relax though, the upcoming movie is still on its way to the big screen, and Jon Watts will be the new director, as Digital Spy reported. The screenplay will be taken cared by “Vacation,” “Horrible Bosses” and “Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2” writers John Francis Daley and Jonathan M. Goldstein.
As for the cast and crew, 19-year old actor Tom Holland will be playing as the web-slinging superhero. He will also have an appearance on the much-awaited “Captain America: Civil War.” On the other hand, actress Marisa Tomei will be playing as Aunt May.
The plot may be different from the previous SpiderMan films. Marvel President Kevin Feige explains that they want to the reveal the story in “different ways.”
“We want to reveal it in different ways and spend much more time focusing on this young high school kid in the MCU dealing with his powers,” he told Crave Online.
“SpiderMan” 2 is said to be slated on July 28, 2017 premiere.