‘Sons of Anarchy’ Prequel Gets Green Light as Show Creator Scouts for Location?

Sons of Anarchy prequel

Rumors about the “Sons of Anarchy” prequel have been circulating online since last year. While it has been a very hot topic on the internet, no specific details and plans have been confirmed as of writing.

New reports, however, are claiming that the new Kurt Sutter project might finally see the light of day after speculations arose that the show creator is now looking for possible locations for his new series. FX CEO John Landgraf recently teased that Sutter is already at the early stages of planning for the “Sons of Anarchy” prequel.

“I don’t have anything concrete to say about those two things except to say Kurt said he’s working on them and they’ll be coming to me soon,” he said as reported by zap2it. Earlier reports have claimed that the reason why Sutter’s “The Bastard Executioner” was cancelled was because of his plans to start the prequel.

Meanwhile, fans are also excited to see a reunion of sorts when the “Sons of Anarchy” cast reunite for the Memorial Day weekend in May. Several speculations are starting to go around that this might be the official venue for Sutter’s announcement for the prequel.

Youth Health Magazine reported that the “SoA” cast — Ron Perlman, Tommy Flanagan, Ryan Hurst, Rusty Coones, Mark Boone Jr., and Emilio Rivera — are set to make an appearance at the Houston, Texas event on May 27-29, 2016. While it has yet to be confirmed, fans are awaiting confirmation if fan favourite Charlie Hunnam, who plays Jax Teller on the show, will join the event.

Several reports have already speculated whether Hunnam will reprise his role in the prequel. In a previous interview, Sutter shared that he and Hunnam had talks about the new show, but he has yet to confirm his return.

“It’s something that we have interest in,” he told E! News. “We are interested. I think the timing of it really depends on what unfolds.”

To Top