Perhaps no other 4th of July celebration stood out to commemorate the national holiday than the Snapchat kiss of Selena Gomez and Ruby Carr.
Selena Gomez celebrated July 4 with a party among friends at her home. These days, the singer is busy with her “Revival” Tour. Her latest starrer “The Fundamentals of Caring” with Paul Rudd also debuted on Netflix last month. Hence, the recent occasion was likely a welcome change to relax and unwind with friends. The singer posted videos from the night to document the fun occasion. Yet one video from that evening caught everyone’s attention. One question is likely on everyone’s mind. Who is Ruby Carr? Here’s what we learned about the lucky blonde who got to kiss Selena Gomez.
1. According to HollywoodLife, the 19-year-old beauty hails from South Africa.
2. She speaks fluent Swahili.
3. From 2005 to 2009, Carr appeared in TV movies like “Mom at Sixteen,” “The Tenth Circle” and “Jesse Stone: Thin Ice.”
4. Carr is the vocalist and keyboardist of the girl group Bahari.
5. Bahari is part of the “Revival” Tour as the opening act for Selena Gomez. Incidentally, the three-girl group and the singer are under contract with Interscope Records.
6. Bahari’s latest single “Dancing On the Sun” came out in April.
7. They write songs about life that offer a positive message.
“We’re very lyrically driven. So a lot of our influences behind that song were to try and spread our message and tell people to live in the moment and be the best that you can be,” Carr said. Fans cannot seem to get over what happened. In a separate post, HollywoodLife shared the craziest reactions posted on Twitter. As expected, volunteers came forward to offer themselves up to the singer for a kiss.
However, security for Selena Gomez this coming Friday might want to be on the lookout for one Twitter user. While it’s likely a “harmless” and “sweet proposition,” isn’t it best to be safe than sorry?
@nosleepbieber gave an opinion in response to people who freaked out over the girl on girl kiss. Yet in the end, @nosleepbieber had to admit what everyone thought about it.