It is time to look beyond Playstation consoles and other gaming devices. The “Samsung Galaxy S7” is here. Apart from “gaming on the go”, the device is pretty powerful too.
As per the Gamespot reports, the technology giant, Samsung, will release the “Samsung S7” at the Mobile World Congress event in Barcelona. But the most interesting thing is the gaming-specific features.
The phone will support the Vulcan API for developers as well as “water cooling system”.
The CNET gives us some details about the game-specific features and also other insights. The source quotes, “Obviously the scale is miniature compared to desktop water cooling, but the sealed copper cooling system will still do its best to shift excess heat away from the S7’s processor when games push things to the phone’s thermal limits.”
The Vulcan API will make the games look much better and will forward to an experience which they haven’t seen on Android before, notes Gamespot.
The “No Alerts” feature will give an unhindered gameplay experience. One of the best features is the front camera which “can be used for commentating gameplay via a picture-in-picture mode.”
“Finally, Samsung also offers the ability to tweak graphics performance between three settings so you can dial things back a little if you want to put battery life ahead of gameplay,” CNET says.
“The standard setting will run games at maximum resolution and at 60 frames per second. The ‘low power’ setting reduces frame rate to 30 frames and dials down the resolution somewhat, while ‘extreme low power’ sticks with 30 frames but drops the resolution again.”
You can pre-order Samsung Galaxy S7 which will come with a free Samsung Gear VR headset and a bundle of six games.
Samsung Galaxy S7 specifications are as follows:
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow software
- 5.1-inch screen with 2,560×1,440-pixel resolution
- Either 32 or 64GB of storage, depending on the region
- MicroSD card slot for extra storage up to 200GB
- 12-megapixel camera (get the story below)
- Water-resistant (IP68 rating)
- 3,000 mAh battery (versus 2,550 mAh on Galaxy S6)
- “Always-on” display shows time, calendar or images from the lock screen
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor (or Samsung’s Exynos chipset in some regions)
- Dedicated gaming feature makes it easier to record sessions and screenshots; a do-not-disturb mode blocks incoming notifications
- Colours: black onyx, gold platinum