Splatoon is one of Nintendo’s newest IPs and instead of the conventional platformer, Splatoon focuses more on competitive shooting. With the use of inks and squids, this feature provides a solid and unique game that proved popular with both kids and adults looking for a new and exciting shooter on a Nintendo console.
Now, a new patch update has arrived that adds new weapons and some fixes on the game balance. Nintendo Everything provided the patch notes for the game.
Version 2.7.0 is now available for download and Wii U users just need at least 764 MB of storage space to install the new update. Below are the patch notes for the said update.
- Eight new weapons added, available in the weapon shop Ammo Knights
- Changed the initial Splatfest Power value for rank S+
- Adjustments to main weapons, sub weapons and special weapons, as well as changes to attacks that reveal enemy positions. Click here for more information.
- Saltspray Rig: Adjustments to prevent players from taking certain shortcuts in all modes.
- Bluefin Depot: Fixed a problem where players could go inside a certain object in Rainmaker mode.
- Flounder Heights: Adjustments to prevent users from taking certain shortcuts in Tower Control mode.
Fixes for issues in battles
- Fixes an issue wherein players could perform a Super Jump while holding the Rainmaker if their connection speed was exceptionally slow.
- Fixes an issue wherein on rare occasions players near to a Splash Wall wouldn’t suffer damage, even before the Splash Wall is activated.
- Fixes an issue wherein if a placed Suction Bomb comes into contact with a Splash Wall and explodes, sometimes the blast damage would go beyond the Splash Wall.
- Fixes an issue wherein opponents completely hidden by obstacles in the way could be hit by an Inkzooka or Rainmaker attack fired upwards.
- Fixes an issue wherein Splash Walls would sometimes not take damage when hit by an Inkzooka or Rainmaker attack.
- Fixes an issue wherein players could hit opponents on the other side of a Splash Wall with a Rainmaker attack, depending on the position where it hits the Splash Wall.
- Fixes an issue wherein if multiple players set an Ink Mine at the same time, they would sometimes explode on their own, despite not being painted in the opposing colour, no opposing players being close and their maximum time before automatically exploding not being reached.
- Fixes an issue wherein players could take damage from a friendly Ink Mine, depending on their relative position.
- Fixes an issue wherein when aiming at a Kraken on the ground the display wouldn’t change to a cross to indicate it would hit, despite the crosshairs being over the target, and where Seekers would not follow Krakens.
Splatoon is an exclusive for the Nintendo Wii U and was released on May 28, 2015.