Melissa George throws on a scrub suit for her latest TV project. The Australian actress heads the cast of NBC’s latest medical drama.
The show’s title underwent two changes. Originally, it was called “Heart Matters” based on the book of the same name about female heart surgeon Kathy Magliato M.D., TV Line reported. It was later on renamed “Heartbreaker”.
However, the network gave it a new name again. From now on, its title is “Heartbeat”. The show premiered on March 23.
Fans of medical dramas should certainly be excited about it since it’s from the same network that gave them “House”.
Here are five things you should know about “Heartbeat”. The Inquisitr gave details about what viewers can expect from the new medical drama.
1. The Inquisitr cited an interview of Dr. Kathy Magliato with Star-Telegram. “All of the stories are stories that have occurred in my life,” Magliato told Star-Telegram.
“Every single character in the show is based on a person I either worked with in the past or am working with in the present,” Magliato added.
2. Dr. Alexandra Panettiere (played by George) is a spirited surgeon, the website described. At the start of the series, she revealed that she’s not good at making friends.
“I don’t have any friends,” Panettiere told the hospital’s COO, Millicent Silvano.
However, George highlighted her character’s humane side. “She cares a lot and it’s beautiful to see her interact with her patients. She loves them so much. She’ll incorporate herself into their lives,” she said about Panettiere.
3. Though based largely on Magliato’s life, the network added a few twists to the storyline. One of which are the romances that add some colour to the female doctor’s life.
She has an ex-husband who turned out to be gay. She has an ongoing romance with a fellow doctor. She also had a past romance with a hospital mentor.
4. Actors Dave Annable, Don Hany, and Joshua Leonard play the love interests of the doctor.
5. Actors Jaime Kennedy and D.L. Hughley lend their comedic talents to “Heartbeat”.