Mr. Robot season 2 has made an extraordinary special preview of episode one via Facebook Live ahead of the scheduled premiere on Wednesday (July 13).
The Facebook Live Q&A was attended by Mr. Robot stars Rami Malek (Elliot), Carly Chaikin (Darlene), Portia Doubleday (Angela), and Christian Slater (Mr. Robot).
According to USA Network, the streaming has suffered a serious cyber attack while host Michael Key is announcing to the 50 fans who attended the event in-person that they will get a special treat. Thousands of fans viewing the stream online did not see Key’s announcement because their live feed was commandeered by a masked man that viewers usually seen at Mr. Robot.
“Why waste more time on pointless speculation? You deserve something new, something unexpected, something you’ve never seen before,” the man in the mask said. The stream then switched to the first part of the double-episode premiere scheduled for Wednesday. The hacktivist later identified himself as a member of the Fsociety.
The leaked episode was immediately taken down from “Mr. Robot” page. However, the full episode eventually appeared at the show’s Twitter and YouTube account and USA Network.com.
No one knows Fsociety’s motivations of hacking the stream but for those who missed the special preview of episode one, you will only have to wait until Wednesday night to watch it.
Meanwhile, what can we expect from season two?
Warning spoilers ahead!
1. Trailers for the new season have teased a very different world and an uncertain future.
2. President Barack Obama will be having a cameo in season 2. POTUS will condemn on national television the Fsociety attack on global finance system.
3. Creator Sam Esmail and actress Carly Chaikin have teased that in season two, the characters will struggle with the decisions they have made. Chaikin played the role of Elliot’s co-hacker Darlene.
4. Darlene will be in-charge in the Fsociety. She will try to get the members focus and back to work after days of celebration following the attack.
5. Two new characters will be introduced in season two. E Corp counsel Susan Jacobs, which will be played by Sandrine Holt, and FBI agent Dom Dipierro, played by Grace Gummer. Dipierro will be assign to hunt for the Five/Nine’s true perpetrator.
Mr. Robot season 2 will premiere on USA Network on July 13th.