Mother’s Day 2016 is coming up sooner than you think. If you haven’t had time to shop for a Mother’s Day gift, here are 15 best last-minute ideas to help you out. Australian Janet Heyden is credited for creating the Mother’s Day tradition.
1. Woman’s Day gave advice on what Mothers really want for their special day. Hint: it’s not flowers. Every mother wants to know they’re appreciated and loved for what they do in the family. Sometimes, the simplest token can mean the world to any mother like a day off from housework or a nice meal at her favourite restaurant.
Aside from flowers, candies and chocolates also scored the lowest on WD’s mom-o-meter of desired gifts.
2. For the literary mother, why not opt for a bestseller gift? The Cut of NY Mag listed 12 books that make ideal last-minute presents. At the top of their list are “All Things Cease to Appear” by Elizabeth Brundage and “The Nest” by Cynthia D’Aprix Sweeney.
3. Get a pair of rubber shoes for the sporty mom. Whether she’s a runner or a walker, there’s certainly a pair to match her exercise routine. However, even if she’s not sporty, sneakers are also great for strolling. Check out an option from Wired.com.
4. The fit mom would also benefit from the Fitbit Charge Wireless Activity Wristband.
5. If budget’s a concern, Today Style offers several ideas that won’t break the bank. These Blinged Out Toe Separators from dipintopretty.com would surely put a smile on any mother’s lips.
6. Make a statement with a Best Mom Ever Trophy. It will win over any mother. Check out the design from Easy, Tiger.
7. The tech savvy mother would appreciate a Kindle Reader, the Digg suggested. Make sure to preload it with her favourite titles.
BGR also offers a list of gadgets that are perfect for Mother’s Day:
8. The Brainstream SOI Handbag/Purse Light with Automatic Sensor is handy when going through the depths of mother’s gigantic handbag.
9. Lend her a hand in the kitchen with “Angry Mama” from Kitchen Gizmo.
10. Help her out with vacuuming the house by getting her the iRobot Roomba 880 Vacuum Cleaning Robot.
11. Present her with the Viper 4105V 1-Way Remote Start System so she won’t have to get into a frosty car.
12. Kim K suggests giving perfume. For grandmother, she recommends Givenchy Dahlia Devin Perfume.
13. Another scent recommended by Kim K is the Black Orchid perfume from Tom Ford.
14. Kim K also revealed one of her gifts to her own mom: the Tatcha Ritual Discovery Kit.
15. She also suggests the Christian Louboutin Velvet Matte Lip Colour in Just Nothing.