The humdrum of life has tailored the concept of vacation. However, when the long leaves can foul play with your job, it is advisable to avoid the risk. Don’t fret! Because the solution lies in your calendar! Wondering where? Well, now save your weekends for many short and refreshing escapes around Melbourne.
Here are some popular names around this Australian metropolis.
- Halls Gap- Nestled in the heart of the Grampians National Park, the township of Halls Gap dotted with elevated rocky mountain peaks, it is a nearby hidden gem from Melbourne. This weekend, go for mountaineering on bike or foot, do fishing for trout in the flowing lakes or river, take pleasure in watching the beautiful waterfalls including Silverband falls, or invest your time in abseiling. To take care of your hunger pangs there are olives: the local specialties. Travel Victoria highly recommends giving your sweet tooth chilled gelato treats.
- Phillip Island- If you want to witness penguin parade, head towards Phillip Island. Located at a distance of 90 minutes from Melbourne, this is a heavenly seaside jaunt. Needless to say, perfect as a weekend escape. Travel around the natural wonders of land and sea and get a memorable experience with excellent local wines of al fresco.
- Port Fairy- Holding a glaring instance of the region’s rich history, the fishing village of Port Fairy is another must visit weekend escape destination. You will get to see streets queue up with beautiful nineteenth century cottages, thriving Norfolk pines and stunning old stone churches. Also, enjoy exhilarating water sports. Watch the activities of the native animals like whales, seals, dolphins, kangaroos and emus and wallabies. Dine at Merrijig Kitchen to taste local wines and their French-inspired daily changing menu of seasonal dishes says Visit Victoria
- Geelong Meet your creative pursuit at Geelong, which is just an hour’s drive from Melbourne. Another attraction of the city is its brewery business. For the bargain hunters, the local vintage shops on Melbourne Road is a good place to check out.
- Lorne – Are you fascinated with whale watching, pier fishing, and surfing? Positioned on one of the state’s most scenic coastal routes, Lorne has many things stored for someone like you. Lorne is not all about an oceanic break. A feeling of serenity can also be felt in its mountainous and bushy Otway Ranges. How about some bush-walking this weekend? Portals like Timeout asks to drop by the astonishing Erskine Falls that is just 8 kilometres west of town.