Many believed, including Top Rank Promotions promoter Bob Arum, that Manny Pacquiao’s retirement is likely to be temporary.

“He’s torn,” said Arum, who promoted Pacquiao’s latest fight over Timothy Bradley Jr. on Saturday night at the MGM Grand Garden and has the rights to any Pacquiao fights through 2017, ESPN reported.

“His wife wants him to retire. He’s running for office, and if he wins, which he will, there will be tremendous responsibilities that go with it,” Arum said.

Pacquiao is looking forward to being elected to the Philippine Senate on May 9.

After Pacman’s victory last Saturday night over Bradley, the world champ said he is going to retire, but also admitted that he wanted to “think about it.”

Pacquiao said at his post-fight news conference that family and public service are his priorities right now, Los Angeles Times reported.

“I’ve decided. I’ve committed to my family that after this fight I will spend more time with them and dedicate and focus to serve the people of the Philippines. That is my priority and focus,” Pacquiao said.

His announcement of retirement, however, was received with much skepticism given the history of  boxers retiring from the industry.

“He doesn’t have money problems now, but of course, he’s going to have money problems if he’s going to be building hospitals out of his own pocket instead of letting the [Philippines] government build the hospitals,” Arum added.

Pacquiao reportedly receives $20 million for the Bradley fight. Pacquiao’s fights have generated more than $1 billion in pay-per-view revenue in the United States.

Washington Post wrote that Pacman’s decision to retire is not a simple one, especially given his previous controversial anti-gay comments earlier this year.

Although he has apologized, deciding to fight again might be a problem for HBO. His comment that gay people are “worse than animals” already cost him a business deals with Nike.