The new Kylie Jenner eye shadow surpassed expectations with a historic sellout in just minutes.
The cosmetic line of the social media star and youngest sibling of the Kardashians is a big hit among fans. This time around, she launched the Kylie Jenner eye shadow kit at US$42 (AU$56) to the delight of her loyal customers. However, like her other sought-after products, the stock flew off the shelves the moment they became available at 12 noon on July 26. This was a disappointment for many who were eager to get hold of a kit that featured Kylie’s favorite earth tone colors in matte.
This is reminiscent of the recent problem that many encountered with the Kylie Jenner lip kit. The original launch sold out and prompted a restock. Yet that too managed to sell out sooner than expected. Sadly, no announcement has been made concerning a possible restock of the new Kylie Jenner eye shadow kit. Hence, fans would have to wait for now. However, similar eye shadow palettes are available that are worth a try, according to Hollywood Life.
For the budget-conscious crowd
1. Maybelline New York Nudes Palette Shadow and Line Express Liner at US$9.99 (AU$13). Maybelline ambassador Gigi Hadid likely uses this particular kit.
2. Another option would be the BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel 14 Color Eyeshadow & Highlighter Palette at US$14.50 (AU$19). Designed by YouTube sensation Carli Bybel, it offers matte and shimmer shadows that can take your look from day to night.
If you are willing to spend a bit more
3. Balm NUDE ‘tude Eyeshadow Palette at US$32.40 (AU$43). The quirky names of the palette seem to promise good times ahead.
The more expensive alternatives
4. Decay Naked3 at US$54 (AU$ 72)
5. Couleurs Eye Shadows By Dior at US$62 (AU$83)
— KYLIE COSMETICS (@kyliecosmetics) July 26, 2016