It may be harder to keep up with the Kardashians because now they have welcomed another member of their family.
People reports that Kim Kardashian gave birth to her second child with Kanye West on Saturday morning, December 5. According to the website, the reality star made the announcement through her website and app. People quotes the announcement as follows:
“Mother and son are doing well.”
To celebrate the arrival of the newest addition to the Kardashians, here are eight random facts about the newborn baby boy.
- He is the second child of star couple Kanye and Kim and has an older sister named North (2 years old).
- He is surely not going to be named South or Easton. People quotes Kim Kardashian in saying: “I don’t think we’ll go another direction.” However, although the couple is yet to announce a name for their baby boy, sources tell People that Robert may be used as a middle name for the child, after Kim’s late father.
- He was hard to conceive. Prior to Kim’s pregnancy, People reports that she and Kanye had a hard time conceiving. A source also told the magazine that Kim had three surgeries to repair her uterus. As a further consequence, the inner lining of Kim’s uterus was so damaged that she was told conceiving on her own was not possible.
- He was conceived by in vitro fertilization treatment.
- He was in a breech position before coming out but still was delivered normally. TV Guide reports that giving birth to a new baby boy was a struggle for Kim given that she had to undergo in vitro fertilization treatment and the baby was in a breech position (buttocks or feet coming out first).
- He came out early. Also according to TV Guide, Kim was due on Christmas but had her contractions early.
- He has three cousins: Mason Dash, Penelope Scotland, and Reign Aston from Aunt Kourtney and Scott Disick.
- Being born on December 5th, he is a Sagittarius.
Congratulations to the Kardashian West family!