The Xbox-exclusive “Killer Instinct” will be getting its well-deserved update with season 3. Microsoft Studio and Iron Galaxy have launched a new trailer featuring the Season 3 content. The Paranoid Gamer shared the info about the Season 3 content.
The new content will feature some new characters. These include:
- Kim Wu
- Arbiter from the Halo franchise
- Rash from Battletoads
But there are three more that were revealed in the trailer but will become available on the listed release months:
- Mira (April)
- Gargos (May)
- Two unrevealed characters for June and July
Aside from the new characters, players can expect a new single-player mode in a form of the Shadow Lords mode, here are the details found in the official Killer Instinct website:
- Shadow Lords is part ladder, part arcade mode, part story mode, and part roguelike, all rolled up into one unique experience.
- Your ultimate goal is to beat Gargos and his forces before he takes over the world. How fast that happens is completely up to how you play!
- Choose any character to “main” and assemble your team from across the entire roster of KI characters. Uneasy alliances abound!
- As characters are added to the game after launch, they’ll also come with new Shadow Lords content.
- There’s a lot of stuff to earn and craft in this mode, all of which can be obtained by playing. KI Gold will allow you to accelerate to get to some rarer stuff sooner to help in your fight against Gargos and his minions.
- The game features persistent items and elements that carry across multiple playthroughs.
- The new multiplayer mode we mentioned in the launch trailer ties into this mode and some of the things you can craft. We’ll be talking more about this later on in the season!
You can finally try out the new Season 3 content as it is now available for download today. Killer Instinct is available for the Xbox One as well as for Windows 10 PCs.