Jennifer Aniston just can’t take pregnancy rumors and body shaming any longer and blew some steam through writing.
Aniston had come face to face with rumors like these even when she was still married to Brad Pitt. The Friends star’s discretion to have a kid or not is also consistently scrutinized by the media. Likewise, the speculation that she is pregnant was further fueled when she married Justin Theroux in 2015.
Finally, the actress shut it all down in her own words in an article she wrote for Huffington Post, titled For the Record. Here are the things that we learned from Aniston’s post.
1. Aniston stressed that she is not pregnant. ”For the record, I am not pregnant. What I am is fed up. I’m fed up with the sport-like scrutiny and body shaming that occurs daily under the guise of ‘journalism,’ the ‘First Amendment’ and “celebrity news,” the actress wrote.
2. Don’t give “energy to the business of lies” such as addressing gossip. Aniston said she considered tabloids to be like comic books and should not be taken seriously. She said rumors from these publications are now taking a toll on the way she and other women live their lives.
3. Speak boldly when your humanity is being objectified. The actress said the scrutiny that women are put through is absurd and disturbing. Aniston said that some use celebrity news to keep on dehumanizing females that is solely focused on the physical appearance.
4. Your essence is not determined by the society, arbitrary status, or your uterus. Aniston further put emphasis that a woman can be complete “with or without a mate or with or without a child.”
5. Jennifer Aniston admitted that she wanted to have children and she would never give up the experience for a career. The actress added that was inspired by women who have both careers and children.