Sunday is a big day for Adele, Taylor Swift and other artists who bagged the trophy for the iHeartRadio Music Awards 2016 held in Inglewood, California. Hosted by Jason Derulo, the annual event was attended by the most popular artists of today’s music generation.
Aside from the aforementioned artists, singers Demi Lovato, Justin Bieber, Zayn Malik and Iggy Azalea were present at the awards night as well, as per Us Magazine report. Also, Maroon 5 and Pitbull did a performance live via simulcast from Texas. Since the event was just finished, here’re the 5 best performances during the iHeartRadio Music Awards 2016 and the complete list of winners, courtesy of the celebrity mag.
1The former One Direction lad Zayn Malik captured the attention of the audiences as he performed another single “Like I Would.” According to Billboard, Zayn’s performance was pretty amazing especially when he belted the high notes of the groovy song.
2Among the best performances, another Billboard article wrote that the group DNCE swoon the viewers upon playing “Cake by the Ocean and “Le Freak” with Nile Rodgers. The website stated that it was the “best performance”- with a “weird and wonderful” moment.
3Meanwhile, Demi Lovato and Brad Paisley’s duet of “Stone Cold” also made it on the top 5 list. Lovato nailed the power ballad with a “knockout” performance and amazing stage presence.
4The Canadian singer, Justin Bieber, was expected to deliver a wonderful performance and he did not fail his fans as he performed “Love Yourself” and “Company.” A lucky fan was also able to share the stage with him with a 30-second dance.
5The artist who also made it to the top 5 best performance is Fetty with the performance of “Again.” The number was so amazing even Taylor Swift danced in her seat to it.
On the other hand, view the complete list iHeartRadio Music Awards 2016 winners below:
• Song of the Year: “Hello” – Adele
• Female Artist of the Year: Taylor Swift
• Male Artist of the Year: Justin Bieber
• Best New Artist: Fetty Wap
• Best Duo/Group of the Year: Maroon 5
• Album of the Year: 1989 – Taylor Swift
• Best Tour: Taylor Swift
• Alternative Rock Artist of the Year: Twenty One Pilots
• Alternative Rock Song of the Year: “Stressed Out” – Twenty One Pilots
• Rock Artist of the Year: Foo Fighters
• Rock Song of the Year: “Heavy Is The Head” – Zac Brown Band featuring Chris Cornell
• Country Song of the Year: “Buy Me A Boat” – Chris Janson
• Country Artist of the Year: Luke Bryan
• Dance Song of the Year: “Where Are Ü Now” – Skrillex & Diplo with Justin Bieber
• Dance Artist of the Year: Calvin Harris
• Hip Hop Song of the Year: “Hotline Bling” – Drake
• Hip Hop Artist of the Year: Drake
• R&B Song of the Year: “Earned It” – The Weeknd
• R&B Artist of the Year: Chris Brown
• Latin Song of the Year: “El Perdón” – Nicky Jam & Enrique Iglesias
• Latin Artist of the Year: Pitbull
• Regional Mexican Song of the Year: “Levantando Polvadera” – Voz de Mando
• Regional Mexican Artist of the Year: Banda Los Recoditos
• Best Lyrics: “Fight Song” – Rachel Platten
• Best Collaboration: “Uptown Funk” – Mark Ronson featuring Bruno Mars
• Best Cover Song: “Uptown Funk” – Fifth Harmony, Jasmine V, Jacob Whitesides and Mahogany Lox covering Mark Ronson featuring Bruno Mars
• Best Song from a Movie: “Til It Happens To You” – Lady Gaga (The Hunting Ground)
• Most Meme-able Moment: Taylor Swift’s “Crazy Girl” with Running Mascara (from “Blank Space” video)
• Triple Threat: Selena Gomez – Singer/Actor/Dancer
• Best Fan Army: Justin Bieber – Beliebers