“Homeland” has released its new trailer for Season 5 and it shows Carrie Mathison two years after where Season 4 ended.
Fans can expect a different Carrie, played by Claire Danes, in the fifth season of the Showtime hit drama series.
1. After her life at the Central Intelligence Agency and short stint in Pakistan, Carrie will find some calm time with her family. She will spend time with Frannie, her daughter with Brody, and her boyfriend Jonas Happich (played by Alexander Fehling), Access Hollywood reported.
But it seems that this will not last long.
2. Carrie will work as head of security for a German philanthropist, CBS News reported. The former CIA operative will also bring her risk-taker attitude in her new job.
The new trailer hinted her employer named Otto (played by Sebastian Koch) wants to visit someone in Lebanon. Carrie will travel to conflict-torn country with an unnamed character played by “Strike Back’s” Max Beesley, Access Hollywood noted.
A voice can be heard in the trailer asking Carrie, “You think it’s a good idea, marching a billionaire into a war zone?”
3. The link between Saul Berenson, played by Mandy Patinkin, and Carrie will be triggered once again. Saul gets an alert about a data breach in Berlin, where Carrie currently lives.
Journalist Laura Sutton, played by Sarah Sokolovic, will ask her friend Carrie to help her verify the hacked data but their meeting will raise suspicion. Saul is then seen asking the question, “Do you think Carrie is involved?”
4. Fans will be delighted that Rupert Friend will reprise his role as Peter Quinn. However, it is unclear if the romance between him and Carrie will be rekindled this season.
Quinn will also cross paths with Saul and will accept an assassination mission.
5. Carrie will be involved in a kidnapping, according to the Daily Mail. Who she will take is still unknown?
“Homeland” has received an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Drama series.
“Homeland” Season 5 premiere on Oct. 4 on Showtime.