The long wait may be over! Samsung will be releasing its newest products –the Galaxy Note 5 and the Galaxy S6 Edge Plus — on August 12, reports reveal.
According to SamMobile, Samsung is planning to launch both of their products on the same day and ahead of initial announcements. An insider told the site that the Galaxy Note 5 and the Galaxy S6 Edge Plus will be launched on August 12 and will arrive with the official launch of Samsung Pay (for the US Market). The smartphones will reportedly be available in stores on August 21.
One of the possible reasons why Samsung is moving the release date of the devices ahead of schedule is Apple’s iPhone 7, The Varguy noted.
“Samsung appears to be gambling that one won’t cannibalize sales of the other in a strategy to give it a month’s head start before Apple (AAPL) releases the next iPhone, rumored for sometime in September.”
Samsung is trying to avoid the same situation when they experienced a sales slump after Apple released the iPhone 6 and 6Plus a few weeks after they launched the Galaxy Note 4 in September last year.
Since Galaxy Note 5 and Galaxy S6 Edge Plus will be available soon, here are some of the smartphones rumored specs and features, as The Varguy listed:
For the Galaxy Note 5:
- The phablet will have a sleek metal and glass design that will be offered in 4 different colors: Silver, Gold, Black, and White.
- Its S pen will “look and feel more like a pen” than previous version, as BGR noted.
- It has a 4GB RAM but the device won’t have a microSD slot.
For the Galaxy S6 Edge Plus:
- The device will sport an extremely thin screen bezel, similar to the Galaxy A8.
- It will be the phablet version of the Galaxy S6 Edge.
- Instead of Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 808, it will be powered by Samsung’s Exynos 7420 chip.