An Atlanta-based newscaster reported about the National Weather Service’s warning regarding the presence of a flesh-eating bacteria in Panhandle beach. The news, however, was a false alarm, according to a latest update.

The reporter said that authorities were restricting people from entering Panhandle beach waters due to the contents of “really toxic levels of fecal bacteria.” He added in his report that the bacteria were a fresh eating one.

Meanwhile, the National Weather Service denied the claims. They refused to accept instructing any such thing to beachgoers. Even the local health officials said that the news was untrue.

“What (the newscaster) is saying is incorrect,” Floridian Okaloosa County’s Department of Health’s Director Dr. Karen Chapman said, as quoted by nwfdailynews.com.

“Enterococci (fecal bacteria) is not the same thing as vibrio vulnificus (flesh-eating bacteria). “We measure for a fecal bacteria called enterococci,” she added. “We just alert people to the fact that at the point in time we did testing, there were elevated levels of enterococci.”

The department of health released a statement, according to Wear TV, in which it stated that the panhandle waters are satisfactory in terms of quality. It also said that there are some of the beaches that are affected by fecal indicator bacteria, which include six in Okaloosa County and two in Walton County.

The waters under the threat of the bacteria in the former county are Poquito Park, East Pass, Garniers Park, Henderson Beach, Rocky Bayou State Park and Clement E. Taylor Park. While the two affected water bodies in Walton county are County Park/ Miramar beach and Blue Mountain Beach.

The director of the Okaloosa County Tourist Development Council, Ed Schroeder, said that the tests are regular routine and they come and go.

“It could be poor today but wonderful tonight. We’ve got over 20 miles of beaches and just one short area apparently had some concern for the Health Department,” he said.

Glenn Burns, who earlier reported the presence of so-called “flesh-eating bacteria” wrote on Facebook that he spread a wrong information. He apologized on the social media platform and posted the statement that the department of health published to deny the claims.