Father’s day 2016 falls on June 19 and that leaves just enough time for kids, young and old, to find the ideal gift to celebrate the occasion.
Most historians consider American Sonora Louise Smart Dodd as the first to propose Father’s day in 1910, About.com wrote. Her father, a widower, singlehandedly raised her and her siblings. Although she started the tradition decades ago, the gifts intended to mark the occasion have come a long way to suit the modern father whose interests are now closer to their kids, USA Today noted.
1. The hosts of USA Today’s Dad Rock podcast, Patrick Foster and Jim Lenahan, are a good case in point. They would likely appreciate a cool “musical gift” like the Gramovox Floating Record Vertical Turntable, the publication suggested.
2. The stylish father might prefer a quality wristwatch instead, Ask Men offered.
3. He might also appreciate the Moscow Mule Cups to keep his cocktails chilled, the publication offered.
4. Better yet, the classic dad who’s also a coffee lover would enjoy the HyperChiller Iced Coffee Maker, the publication wrote.
5. On the other hand, the classic dad might enjoy a good book for a good laugh. The publication suggested “Sick in the Head” by Judd Apatow for “comedy fans and movie buffs.”
6. The tech-savvy dad could certainly use the Amazon Fire TV Stick. Ask Men revealed lets “media junkies” mirror content easily from their smartphone to an HDTV or slate.
7. HTC also has a deal for Father’s day. The Taiwanese tech giant offered discounts on selected products along with a free handset for every HTC 10 purchase.
8. Pop Sugar suggested the Olloclip 4-in-1 Lens ideal for iPhone 6s and 6s Plus. The device is certain to enhance his “smartphone photography” skills.
9. The publication also proposed a practical techie gift for late night fumbles. Native Union said the Night Cable solves the frustration when charging at home.
10. The Eco-Friendly Bamboo Multi-Device Charging Station and Dock is a great way to store and charge electronics, the publication noted.
11. Fathers who love the outdoors might enjoy some of these suggestions by Alabama Media like the Quick Draw from KnifeArt.com.
12. The publication also suggested the Eno Double Nest Hammock of Grabow Outdoors.
13. Any cool father would appreciate the Costa Del Mar aviators at Mark’s Outdoors.
14. The Thermacell mosquito repellent device from Simons Sporting Goods is timely given the Zika virus scare, the publication noted.
15. The Olympia SB5500 solar panel battery charger will also help keep dad in touch and charged.