With the reveal of the official trailer, “Civilization 6” has finally been given a release date. The official Twitter of the “Civilization” games also tweeted that this sixth game will focus on the theme “Age of Exploration”.
Screenshots that were also posted in their official Twitter page show that the gameplay includes new features such as the existence of a Fog of War, and rogue Barbarian camps that would spawn scouts to either be used as allies or gain loot. The game’s user interface even has a “vintage map” art.
Quoted in Eurogamer, lead designer Ed Beach said that “The visual presentation of the game is inspired by the maps and tools of the Age of Exploration… We’ve made several key gameplay changes such as expansive cities and active research…”
The game already released a Steam page where fans may be able to pre-order the game. Further in the website, it also reveals more information about the features of the game. As listed in its Steam page, here are the following features:
- Expansive Empires – When players take control of a city, the tiles multiply faster enabling a more custom build for the player’s city, taking full advantage of the local terrain.
- Active Research – Units can now help in advancing the city as they travel and gain more knowledge about other cultures.
- Dynamic Diplomacy – Interacting with other cities can always start out a war, but as time courses over the game, alliances and negotiations can be made.
- Combined Arms – In previous titles, there can only be one kind of unit in a tile. Expanding from that design, player’s now have the option to combine two units into one tile. Similar units can be combined to create a powerful “Corps” unit.
- Enhanced Multiplayer – Along with the traditional multiplayer mode, the players will be set in situations that require each player to either cooperate or compete.
- A Civ for All Players – Tutorial modes will be available to new players while veteran players may be able to build and tune their civilizations for more options to win.
“Civilization 6” will be released on the 21st of October.