The Big Bang Theory Season 10 cast Jim Parsons is making more than co-star Kaley Cuoco although both have the same per episode salary.
Parsons leads 2016 Forbes Highest-Paid TV Actors list with $25.5 million earnings between June 2015 and June 2016. This is the second year that Parsons was named as the top-paid actor on television. The actor has been playing the role of Sheldon Cooper since the Big Bang Theory premiere in 2007.
Parsons is followed by fellow Big Bang Theory Season 10 actors in the Forbes list. Johnny Galecki (Leonard) recorded $24 million earnings, Simon Helberg (Howard) has $22.5 million and Kunal Nayyar (Raj) placed fourth with $22 million.
Forbes magazine noted that Helberg and Nayyar have much lower per-episode salaries than Parsons and Galecki. The two, however, have projects other than the hit CBS show. Helberg starred in Florence Foster Jenkins while Nayyar has a bestselling book, Yes, My Accent Is Real.
Check below who joined the Big Bang Theory Season 10 cast members in the 2016 Forbes Highest-Paid TV Actors list
Last week, Forbes released this year’s list of top-paid TV actresses. Big Bang Theory Season 10 leading lady Kaley Cuoco is on the second spot with $24.5 million. The list was topped by Modern Family bombshell Sofia Vergara with $43 million earnings.
In 2014, Parsons ranked just ninth on the list but he rocketed on top after signing a huge salary bump on the same year. Parsons, Galecki and Cuoco signed a $1 million per episode contract each. Their contract is set to expire after Big Bang Theory Season 10 in 2017.
Cuoco hinted that Big Bang Theory Season 10 could be the last for the show. She said extending the show to another season could be expensive to some people.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10 airs every Monday at 8 p.m. on CBS.
The World’s Highest-Paid TV Actors 2016
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) $25,500,000
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory) $24,000,000
- Simon Helberg (The Big Bang Theory) $22,500,000
- Kunal Nayyar (The Big Bang Theory) $22,000,000
- Mark Harmon (NCIS) $20,000,000
- Ty Burrell (Modern Family) $12,500,000
- Nathan Fillion (Castle) $12,000,000
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson(Modern Family) $12,000,000
- Ray Romano (Vinyl) $12,000,000
- Ed O’Neill (Modern Family) $11,500,000
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) $11,000,000
- Kevin Spacey (House of Cards) $10,500,000
- Michael Weatherly (NCIS) $10,000,000
- David Duchovny (The X-Files) $10,000,000
- Justin Chambers (Grey’s Anatomy) $9,500,000