Australian model Sunny Burns has been mistaken on social media as the suspect in the Bangkok bombing.

Thai authorities released on Tuesday CCTV footage of a man in a yellow shirt walking into a Hindu shrine in Thailand’s capital and placing a backpack under a bench before walking away, ABC News reported.

Thai police have said the man is the bomber.

Soon after, a photo of Burns side-by-side with a CCTV image of the suspect have been circulating on the internet and social media users have started pointing out their similarities.

Burns, 26, is from Byron Bay but presently lives in Bangkok. He has been working in the city as an actor, model, and English tutor. He turned himself to the police after learning rumors that connected him to the bombing.

He told Sunrise he was forced to go to the police after his immigration papers and local address were posted online.

Burns shared on his Instagram account a photo of him at the police station. He captioned it, “Talking with the police. I forgive everyone who spread those horrible rumours about me. “I love this country and let’s fight together. Let’s find this bomber. I’m not a terrorist but I’m a ting tong actor.”

About an hour later, Burns said he was in a police car and officers were going to search his house for bombs.

“Police are great, doing their job and allowing me to use my phone. This is all because of social media and some jealous hater spreading gossip. Mum I’m safe and more worried about the people injured in the attack,” he wrote on Facebook.

He also posted on his social accounts photo from CCTV footage to prove his whereabouts at the time of the bombing.

The bombing at one of the main tourist destination in Bangkok on Monday killed 22 people and injured 140 more, Fox News reported.

Thailand Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha called the attack “the worst incident that has ever happened in Thailand,” and he vowed to track down the perpetrators.

Thai government spokesman Major Gen Weerachon Sukhontapatipak said the suspect did not appear to be Thai, and the attack does not present hallmarks of previous bombings perpetrated by Thai insurgents, The Sydney Morning Herald wrote.

Another bomb was detonated Tuesday afternoon at a ferry pier. No one was hurt in the incident.