BBC One is set to premiere the latest series of the Apprentice UK 2016 on October 6 at 9 pm. Here’s everything you need to know before it starts.
The Apprentice UK 2016 returns and features 18 new candidates vying for the grand price. As always, the path to the £250,000 investment will not be easy. Lord Sugar makes certain of that with the help of Baroness Karren Brady and Claude Littner.
He also promises stiff competition among the candidates. Hence, anyone who seriously wants to win should pay attention to what he has to say. With only 12 weeks for this season of the Apprentice UK 2016, the possibility of firing more than one candidate at a time is likely.
“You see 18 people here, and we’re here for 12 weeks – that tells you there are going to be occasions where more than one person is going (to be fired). And I don’t care how many it can be. I really don’t care. I’m very flexible and it is a very, very competitive situation. You can compare this to being on a life support machine and one of your colleagues here pulling the plug out just to charge their mobile phone up. That’s how competitive it will get,” Lord Sugar revealed.
Meet the Apprentice UK 2016 Candidates
The youngest candidate is 24 and the majority are business owners. However, they all have one goal in mind—the £250,000 investment of Lord Sugar. Who will succeed?
• Alana Spencer (24) Owner, Cake Company from Ceredigion, Wales
• Aleksandra King (38) Owner, Business Consultancy from London
• Courtney Wood (29) Owner, Novelty Gift Company from Essex
• Dillon St. Paul (37) Art Director, Fashion Magazine from Dublin, Ireland
• Frances Bishop (25) Owner, Children’s Clothing Company from Doncaster
• Grainne McCoy (31) Owner, Makeup Studio from Northern Ireland
• JD O’Brien (37) Owner, Beachwear Company from London
• Jessica Cunningham (29) Online Fashion Entrepreneur from Derbyshire
• Karthik Nagesan (33) Owner, IT Consultancy from Northamptonshire
• Michelle Niziol (35) Owner, Property Consultancy from Oxfordshire
• Mukai Noiri (36) Digital Marketing Manager, Fashion from London
• Natalie Hughes (30) Owner, Hair and Beauty Salon from Glasgow
• Oliver Nohl-Oser (33) Owner, Food Distribution Business from Wiltshire
• Paul Sullivan (38) Owner, Marketing Agency from Chigwell, Essex
• Rebecca Jeffery (31) Owner, Design & Marketing Agency from Greater Manchester
• Samuel Boateng (27) Sales Manager, Major Car Brand from London
• Sofiane Khelfa (32) Senior Sales Executive, Technology from Essex
• Trishna Thakrar (28) Recruitment Agent, IT from London