Sunday, September 25, 2016

‘American Horror Story’ Season 6: Jessica Lange Quits, Chooses Broadway Over TV Show

‘American Horror Story’ Season 6: Jessica Lange Quits, Chooses Broadway Over TV Show

Facebook.com/AmericanHorrorStory

Advertisement

Jessica Lange will not be returning for “American Horror Story” Season 6, the multi-awarded actress herself confirmed this week.

According to Movie Pilot, Ryan Murphy’s horror opus might have to move forward without one of his main muses. “I had four years with that [show] – four seasons – and each year was a marvelous character…Everything changed from one year to another, which made it very interesting for me. But no, I think sometimes you come to the end of something,” Jessica Lange said in an interview with Charlie Rose. The actress previously headlined the first four seasons of the hit FX series. She was a no show last season. But some fans still hoped she’d be back for the show’s next instalment.

Lange has instead been busy with theatre. The actress is the current star of the Broadway adaptation of Eugene O’Neill’s “Long Day’s Journey Into Night.” Page Six recently asked her if she thought she could win a Tony Award for her role. The actress said she could not think “in those terms.”

“Not now,” she explained. “I’m just trying to get onstage every night and do the best with this play. It demands everything of you.” Lange already has two Oscars and three Emmys under her belt.

However, the actress will not be saying goodbye to TV just yet. Lange is set to work with Murphy again for the series “Feud.” She is set to play Joan Crawford, opposite Susan Sarandon’s Bette Davis. “I don’t know [Sarandon] well,” Lange admitted to Page Six. “We’ve known each other a little bit for a long time, but I’ve never spent a lot of time with her . . . I do really look forward to playing [Crawford]. I love the fact that she came from a really scrappy background and made her way to the top.”