Adele startled at the British music scene in 2008 with her debut “19”. Seven years later, the 27- year old diva has continued to touch the hearts of every listener and more so perhaps, upon the release of her much awaited album, “25.”
After the “heartbreak” album, “21” was launched, Adele wished to end her singing career for good. But in 2013, the British singer decided to come up with a new effort to share among her fans. Thus, “25” was born.
Aside from raising her son, she went back on the studio with XL recordings to work on the highly anticipated album. The world record holder stated that her next studio effort might be labeled as a “make- up album.”
Moreover, her latest single “Hello” gathered Vevo’s most views in a day, beating Taylor Swift’s “Bad Blood,” notes The Daily Telegraph. The sepia- toned music video even got a Lionel Ritchie parody.
On the other hand, Xavier Dolan- who directed the music video explained the concept of Adele’s “Hello.”
“I could see the GIFs on Twitter. I’m like, ‘guys, get over it. It doesn’t matter,” he said.
“But the real explanation is that I never like filming modern phones or cars. They’re so implanted in our lives that when you see them in movies you’re reminded you’re in reality,” as he refers on the flip phone which was used on the video, quotes The Los Angeles Times.
Adele’s newest album “25” will be out in stores on Nov. 20.
Meanwhile, here are Adele’s 10 Best Live Performances.
1. “Rolling in the Deep” at the Echo Awards, 2011
2. “Someone Like You” Live on the Ellen DeGeneres Show, 2011
3. “Set Fire to the Rain” Live at the Royal Albert Hall, 2011
4. “Turning Tables” Live On Letterman
5. “Chasing Pavements” (before she was famous)
6. “Skyfall” Live at the Oscars, 2013
7. “When We Were Young” Live at the Church Studios
8. Adele’s Full Concert Live at The Tabernacle, 2012
9. Adele’s Best High Notes Performances
10. “Hello” Live at the NRJ awards