A 12-year-old girl has slashed a fellow student’s neck and hands in a knife attack at a school north of Brisbane, reported AAP.

A teacher was able to disarm the student and save the victim, a girl also aged 12.

The attack happened just after 9 am (AEST) on Monday and left the victim with minor knife wounds to her neck and hands.

Police have refrained from naming the Caboolture school where the attack happened.

The girl accused of the crime has been charged with attempted murder and will be dealt with under the Youth Justice Act.

Queensland Teachers Union president Kevin Bates said while he couldn’t comment on specific incidents, student violence was a major concern.

Mr Bates said it appeared increased violence in the community was spilling into schools.

“There is really not a lot of other explanations for it,” he told AAP.

“I’ve been in the education system for nearly 30 years … while the odd punch-ups used to occur these (incidents) are at another level.”

Mr Bates said the issue was firmly on the union’s agenda but added a community-wide response was needed.

“It’s about the whole community sending a message that violence in schools won’t be tolerated,” he said.

In other news…

A teenage schoolgirl was found hanging from a tree after she began suffering from an allergic reaction to Wifi, reported Mirror.

15-year-old Jenny Fry was left with crippling headaches, tiredness and bladder problems brought on by electro-hypersensitivity (EHS).

An inquest into her death heard how her mum Debra said her symptoms were caused because she was allergic to wireless internet connections at her school.

Her body was found hanging from a tree near her home in England earlier this year.

Mrs Fry told Oxfordshire Coroners’ Court Jenny had started showing signs of EHS in November 2012.

She said, “Jenny was getting ill and so was I. I did some research and found how dangerous WiFi could be so I had it taken out of the house.”

“Both Jenny and I were fine at home, but Jenny continued to be ill at school in certain areas.”

“I took lots of information into school to show the head teacher, Simon Duffy, but he said there was equally the same information available claiming WiFi was safe.”

“I also had a heated exchange with teachers telling them Jenny was allergic to WiFi and that it made no sense making her take detentions in rooms that were making her ill.”

“I fully believe Jenny did not intend to take her own life. I think she was frustrated with school.”

“She would not see a doctor but was seeing a counsellor at school who was helping her.”

“She had not made any suggestions she was thinking of suicide and I believe it was a cry for help.”

Jenny’s parents are now campaigning to remove WiFi from nurseries and schools and urging the government to look into researching EHS.

A police statement said Jenny texted a friend at 9:36 am and 10:05 telling her about her intentions and stating where she was, but her friend did not have her phone with her.

The inquest heard there were no medical notes to prove Jenny suffered from EHS.